Summer Administrative Assistant Internship- Unpaid
- Email Resumes to CharlieG@SanAntonioThreads.org by May 10th, 2019
- Accepting the first 50 resumes
- Phone Interviews will be scheduled May 13-15, 2019
- Internship Dates May 28- August 2
- 15-20 Hours a week
Responsible for performing administrative duties utilizing technical skills for designated individual and/or management team. Uses independent judgment on assignments that are often sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Sending “Thank You” letters
- Managing and updating resource lists
- Receiving and processing referrals
- Making phone calls to clients, donors, and agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college preferred.
Hours and Duration of Internship
- Flexible hours, based on your availability
Opportunity to stretch your skills and be a key player in a small organization. Enjoy a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day. Develop relationships with the nonprofit community locally and nationally, as appropriate. Gain additional skills/networking at applicable professional development seminars or other outside training events. Receive letter of recommendation from San Antonio Threads upon successful completion of internship. Internship could be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines.